Easy Ways to Go Green
5 Easy Things to go Green at Home
1. Check Bulbs -- Fluorescent light bulbs not only last longer but are more environmentally and economically sound.
2. Home Appliances - If you still have the old fridge in the garage or in your home, ditch the garage refrigerator and if in the market for new appliances shop EnergyStar® rated appliances.
What being Green could mean — if just 10 homeowners replaced their older appliances with EnergyStar®-qualified ones, it would be equivalent to planting 1.7 million new acres of trees.
3. Check Themostat - Turning down the thermostat in cold weather and inching it up during the warm months can save as much as 3-5 percent for each degree adjustment. In fact, as much as 60 percent of your energy bill. Get that Energy Audit CA will give homeowners $300 toward their energy audit and up to $4K in rebates for Going Green. My pick for this is the Nest thermostat will track your usage and savings and email you month.
4. Check Water Usage -- You may enjoy the great water pressure and forceful flow of water at your faucets, toilets and showerheads, but did you know that installing aerators on them could cut your annual water consumption by more than half.
5. Fill the Cracks -- Check the attic insulationHave you bothered to look around your attic space. According to PATH, even a small area with limited or no insulation — or even insulation that has been damaged or compressed — can significantly decrease overall effectiveness. The U.S. Department of Energy says that adding insulation to the attic is relatively easy and very cost effective. To find out if you have enough attic insulation, measure the thickness of the insulation. If it is less than R-22 (7 inches of fiber glass or rock wool or 6 inches of cellulose), you could probably benefit by adding more. Most homes in the US should have between R-22 and R-49 insulation in the attic.
For a $300 Rebate Savings on your "energy audit" contact me and I will forward you a coupon and directory of auditors in San Diego County.
Housing Affordability in 2017...Better or Worse?
Wed, Jan 25th 2017 10:30 am
Spring is Around the Corner Is it Time to Sell?
Tue, Jan 24th 2017 12:32 pm
Why Has My Home Not SOLD?
Tue, Jan 10th 2017 9:51 pm
San Diego Housing Market
Wed, Nov 30th 2016 11:30 am
Interest Rates Moving?
Tue, Nov 29th 2016 11:15 am